Is There Any More Tea In That Pot?

Everyday events in the life of a tea lover.

Monday 17 October 2011

Lizard Point.......the furthest point South in England....where the Atlantic meets the Channel. .

The most Southerly Café in England. 
A place to unwind, and relax the mind............sitting with a latté and a piece of Cornish Heavy cake. Watching the shifting sea running with light. Maybe a seal or two in the water close by. What's not to love.

To misquote Rupert Brooke:

"If I should die, let it be said of me, that there is some corner of a Cornish field,
That is forever England.
There shall be in that rich earth, a richer dust concealed,          

A dust whom England bore, shaped, made aware
Gave once her flowers to love, her ways to roam.
A body of England's, breathing English air,
Hidden by the sea, blest by suns of home."  


Silhouetted against the light, the café on the headland. 
Song sung by Norah Jones

 "Feels like home to me, feels like home to me,
Feels like I'm all the way back where I come from
Feels like home to me
Feels like home to me
Feels like I'm all the way back where I belong."

Ever changing skies

No comments:

Post a Comment