Is There Any More Tea In That Pot?

Everyday events in the life of a tea lover.

Saturday 23 June 2012

After the deluge of yesterday, a little respite! June 23rd 2012.

Tiger inside his crinkle bag.  
Our moggy, Tiger, was so disgusted with the rain that fell on him yesterday, that he took refuge in his "crinkle bag" when he got back indoors.
It really is a kind of plaything for cats, as they love the rustle of paper. At least all our other cats  enjoyed the sound.
We had a mad cat once called Rigsby, who moved in here from next door. (By mutual consent of his owner.)
He had a thing about newspaper if it was on the floor, diving into it and generally tearing it up!
We had a Michelin map spread out once day on the carpet, planning a route through France, when Rigsby, who must have been hiding behind the settee, ran out and jumped slap bang in the middle, rolling all over it and scrunching it in his claws! 
These days satnavs and Google Maps and direction finders have taken over. 
All the same, when we go to France in the autumn we are taking a bona fide old-fashioned route map, just in case! 
So, our present cat has a crinkle bag which he likes to roll in and jump on, as it makes a sound he particularly enjoys.        


Ingrid flowered despite the rain yesterday.
After the flooding in Lancashire yesterday, and and the curtailing of some Olympic torch route events, today the flame passed through the region of my birth, in fact passing the very end of the street in which I was born. So I was able to take a nostalgic tour "live" with the BBC, travelling the route with the torch bearers, until it reached the town where I grew up, Rawtenstall, Lancashire, and where I knew my cousins were actually there watching the procession. It was great to watch it "live" on camera on the laptop, and see all the old familiar places. Made me feel quite emotional! It was as though I was on a bus looking out at all the bystanders waving flags and cheering! Then I would pass the school I attended, and the woods where we used to play, the church where I was married and where two years ago, we had my dad's funeral service. (He being a regular member) And the church was nearly full. So, not only an Olympic torch event for me but a whole lot more of history.                
Now I really ought to get something done, and the sun is out, so the garden is beckoning! The ironing can wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment