Is There Any More Tea In That Pot?

Everyday events in the life of a tea lover.

Thursday 5 July 2012

July has arrived.

I sat watching curtains of rain once more through the patio window and thought that there was a delicious irony in the fact that the garden is thriving whilst we moan about the weather. I simply love the riotous greens, and scrambling plants, all sated on an abundance of water. I had some visitors on Sunday, who happened to arrive when we had a "window in the weather" and the sun was shining. They went for a stroll outside and enjoyed the colourful display on offer. 
My poppies are flowering, and although they do not last too long, they are such beautiful plants, when crowded together. My "Sir Cliff Richard" rose is full of blooms. And one of my dad's favourite roses,  "Ingrid Bergman", stands up straight and tall despite the recent battering storms, and daily episodes of heavy rain.  So, in spite of the lack of seasonal summer weather, there is some solace to be enjoyed, at least for me.   
    

Sir Cliff Richard

Sir Cliff Richard.   




Ingrid Bergman

No comments:

Post a Comment