Is There Any More Tea In That Pot?

Everyday events in the life of a tea lover.

Monday 24 December 2012

Christmas Eve, 2012 Soggy, and extremely wet!

Tiger in one of his favourite places
I haven't written for awhile as we had visitors in mid December from Dallas and then I wasn't well.   Seasonal virus which affected quite a lot of folk apparently. I call these things by the initials " TALOIA" . Feel free to guess, and I will reveal the answer at the end! Assuming anyone reads this  blog!!   
However, I was able to make the annual  Christmas present "run" which involves a 2 hour drive to the North of England to my cousins' house. I stay for a couple of days and deliver various cards to old friends, and drop off our presents for my two cousins, and also my sister and family. My sister's in-laws live close by so when she and her hubby had driven over the Pennine Hills which is a journey for them of an hour and a half, she dropped her gifts off at my cousins. This saves me driving an extra 90 miles before I go home. 
Hubby's Christmas cake! 
Add to this mix my husband's brother and his wife, who also live on the eastern side of the Pennine chain. They came to see me and my two cousins whilst I was there, and we exchanged all our gifts!! 
Before I drive home, I always go to the Annual Christmas Concert given by the Rossendale Rotary Club, who support a different charity each year.  
This is the Rossendale Festival Choir. It is a great way to begin Christmas. Each year I always feel after staying in the Valley for a few days, where I was born and lived until I was married, that the festive season starts for me at that point. We used to take my dad, who was born and lived in the Valley until his death in 2010. (Being a widower for 20 years). I miss him.         

And now today as we prepare to spend Christmas with our family, Great Britain is waterlogged. Lots of people in low lying areas are flooded. Rivers have burst their banks. Railway lines have  been submerged.
It is now officially the wettest year on record!
Last winter was the driest on record!
Early in 2012 there was talk of drought conditions!!
Not any more, and there will be no White Christmas this year.

Snow in the Rossendale Valley. 1960's

So wishing everyone a Happy Christmas and a Peaceful New Year.  




     (And TALOIA, There's A Lot Of It About! )

No comments:

Post a Comment