Is There Any More Tea In That Pot?

Everyday events in the life of a tea lover.

Saturday 31 August 2013

Eve of September.....

Mulllion Cove. Cornwall. June 2013  

The most Southerly thatched cottage in the UK
Our family on Mullion cliffs

Cream tea in Grange in Borrowdale, Lake District,
Cumbria. UK July 2013  

Lake Side. Keswick. Derwentwater. Lake District
July 2013 27C!!  

Garden in late June




I have really enjoyed this summer!
It has been one we will savour for a long time and certainly in the winter months ahead.
The last summer we had which was warm, hot even, and sunny, was 2006.
Although this one was slow to unfold, it gradually spread out in long warm days, blue skies, and dreams of beach holidays at home in this country became a reality, not a distant dream.
   There was rain, yes, but not the prolonged deluges of previous years.
I have not worn a coat, only needing a cardigan if the mornings and evenings became cooler. 
At times I have needed an umbrella, but that was good as it meant I did not have to water the garden!
June saw us and our son and family, once again in our favourite place on the Lizard in Cornwall. 
After 20 years of going to the same place, we all booked again for 2014!

July saw us celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary, with a short break in the Lake District, near Keswick. It was scorching hot, extremely unusual for the Lakes! The temperatures each day were 27-28C  and the lake shimmered in the heat. 

   
We were outdoors morning till evening, after breakfast. Our lovely hotel was in a quiet secluded spot on the lake shore, hidden from the nearby road. 
40 years ago we spent our honeymoon in Keswick and decided to take a trip down memory lane!
 It was a special time, remembering all those years.
I had been to Nyons in France in mid June, with my friend Cecilia, to our usual language school.But for once I decided not to do the intensive week's course and whilst Cecilia slaved away, I was able to be out and about, in the old place, being back at the house for meals and the trips out to places of interest arranged by our hosts, who are now like old friends.
The photos of that trip are on my flickr site so I've posted the link below, should you, (if anyone is reading this!) care to take a peek. 

     I will stop here. It is September 1st tomorrow, and I did not want to let the summer slip past without writing a blog!! 
I have been enjoying being outdoors so much, writing has been non-existant!     

Maybe I won't leave it so long this time..........that is unless we have an Indian summer!       

No comments:

Post a Comment