Is There Any More Tea In That Pot?

Everyday events in the life of a tea lover.

Monday 2 January 2012

Happy New Year.........here we go.........beginning with a walk in the Park.

We began today with a long walk in Sutton Park on a gloriously bright sunny morning, the 2nd January 2012. And as I had not got my camera with me..........I used my mobile phone. The photos are not too bad, and I had to catch the sense of the light.............it was wonderful.    
Beginning at Hartopp Gate, Sutton Park 


Towards Town Gate


Keeper's Pool 

We walked about 3 to 4 miles, and the sky was a never ending sharp blue. The white trunks of the slender silver birch trees were etched against the cloudless day. Fresh air, yellow of gorse in bloom and buds already fattening at the end of the criss cross of branches, you could almost imagine winter was receding.
     And it is so much better to leave domestic chores behind when a day like today appears. A gift, lodging in the mind when the winter darkness falls once more, and the weather shows it's teeth.
   

1 comment:

  1. Great mobile pics Vivien I can.t believe it was so nice today, it rained here all morning....

    ReplyDelete